Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 1 June 2014

Stash Report week 22, 2014

The was lots and lots of sewing going on this past week, but most of it had been counted already. I can add to my used totals 20 of the border units for Three of a Kind, which is now finished. There's a picture of it here. I am, at the moment, seriously stumped as to what to do next. I have one more quilt that I want to get finished. But I've been working on finishes all year. The last new thing I started was the one I just finished, and that was back at the beginning of January. Since the I have kept my startitis condition strictly under control. But I'm weakening....... I just might start cutting some fun stuff for something new for a week or two, before getting back into finish mode. Maybe, just maybe, ther'll be something new and fun on the design wall tomorrow........

Used this week:                             .25 yards
Used this year:                             47.75
Added this week:                          0 yards
Added this year:                         47 yards
Net used:                                 .75 yards

Unless I do some hyper piecing, or do up some backings, that net used number is going to disappear in the next week or two. I ordered some McKenna Ryan fabrics for her pattern True Nature. I started off with the shopping cart at Batiks Plus full of almost all the fabrics needed for this quilt. When I started the check out process I nearly feel over at the total, so I began again. What I ended up ordering are the backgrounds for the blocks. After looking at the blocks closely, I decided that it is the backgrounds that give this quilt its character. Take a look at the McKenna Ryan fabrics on that site and you'll see what I mean. I can fill in the rest of the pieces from my current stash. There is other stuff I can order later, if I want, but one of the backgrounds was already out of stock, therefore, I ordered it while I could. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm going to kink up to Judy's Stash Report, and then I think I'll play for a while.

1 comment:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.