Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 21 December 2012

Think Inside the Box finished

It's Friday, and I have another finish.
"Think Inside the Box" is finished. It is from the book Geometric Gems by Cathy Wierzbicki. This one was a lot of fun to put together, choosing all the fun fabrics for the boxes, and the colours for the edges of the boxes, as well.
The binding is done with a really bright diagonal stripe, with a narrow piping fabric of a yellow, with red dots. This one is for our grandson Lucas for Christmas. I hope he has fun looking at all the fun things in the boxes. He's 2, so he can learn all kinds of words and colours as he grows, and learns to play the game I Spy.
I'm linking this finish to Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous quilt! Really amazing! I am looking at it and trying to figure out how you sewed the blocks...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really well! You're right - he's going to have hours of enjoyment from it - and maybe his brothers will get caught up in the fun too!
    I REALLY love the border - is that "leftover" fabrics from the quilt? It gives an added dimension to the quilt that puts it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!! Your quilt reminded me of another quilt that I remembered seeing in ABC 3-D by Marci Baker. Now I know which quilt I'm making for my new nephew (especially since I already own the book!). :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt...like an Ispy but not so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah! You've done a marvelous job with this one, Cathy!! Lucas will absolutely love, love this! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.