Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 23 December 2012

Stash and Sunday Stitching Report Dec. 23, 2012


I managed a little stitching this week, but not much. There is a little bit to show on the Grandchildren stitchery.
I got stalled on some feather stitching down in that bottom rose triangle. I miscounted, and now have to take it out. And it is such a pale green, I'm wondering if I should change out the colour to something that will show more. It seems an awful lot of effort to go through for something that will barely even show.


For the stash report, there is some usage this week. The backing for Nate's quilt got made, and the quilt is now loaded on the machine. Here's a sneak peak,
I decided to do something fun and fast and easy on it. There are a lot of dots fabrics in this quilt, so I decided on loopy bubbles all over it.

Used this week:                                              4.5 yards
Used this year:                                              130.2 yards
Added this week:                                               0 yards
Added this year:                                            159.5 yards
Balance:                                                           29.3 yards more in than out.

I've ended my fabric diet, and caved in and ordered a whole pile of stuff from Thousands of Bolts, who are having their huge end of the year sale. I don't know exactly how much I ordered, but it was a lot. However, I'm not going to count it until after we move and unpack it. For now, once it gets here, it will stay in the box. I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork times for the Stash report, and Kathy's Quilts for the stitching report.

4 comments:

  1. I think if you're taking it out anyway, it would be good to switch to a darker thread because it's barely visible in the photo (could just be the lighting?). It is such a beautiful project to work on!
    Love the machine quilting with loopy bubbles!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathy, as long as the stitches are coming out anyway, why not use a color you will be happier with. Glad you found a few minutes to stitch, they do add up over time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the quilting design, it looks like a fun one that would be perfect on bay/kids quilts.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kathy -- even when I clicked on the photo for a closer view, I could barely see it! Yay for the breaking of fasts! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.