Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 8 December 2012

Grandmother's Choice, Votes for Women blocks


 I have last week's and today's blocks finished.

 Last week was a block called Bride's Knot.

Today's is called Centennial.

They are now sashed and added to the growing quilt. I really like this idea of sashing them and sewing them together as they come out. There are now 2 rows completed and sewn together. At the end of the year I will have a completed quilt, rather than still having the job of sewing it all together. I'm not sure whose blog I saw the idea on, but it was a great idea.
 
The lighting is really bad in the room where these are hanging. I tried adjusting the light exposure in iphoto, but it is still quite dark, but it is good enough to give an idea of what it looks like.

3 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! I just love your fabrics and colours, and your sashing choice is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabrics are wonderful and I love what you're doing with the sashing. That's what I want to do with mine too if I can just find that perfect color. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.