Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 16 December 2012

Stash and Sunday Stitching Report, Dec. 16, 2012

The stash report is easy...... nothing in or out this week. Too many hours spent working at the hospital, and the rest of it was spent trying to make order out of chaos in my sewing room. It is slowly starting to happen. I'm going to spend some more time working at it today, and hopefully get the remaining 3 yards and under pieces all bolted up. Then there are the longer yardages to do, and lastly, sorting through all the smaller pieces, and get them cut into either strips or squares.

The hand stitching has been going well this week. The last of the stockings is finished, this one is Noel's, and ready to stuff, with 9 days to spare. Whew!! Now all we have to do is figure out what to put in them. and then go out and do the shopping for it. That's on the agenda for tomorrow.

Then I spent last evening stitching on a project that I had originally bought as a Christmas gift for my Mum, years ago. Her eye sight and her health failed, and she was never able to start it. But it somehow seems appropriate, now the we have grandchildren, to work on it, and get it finished. I can't find the picture of it, at the moment, but eventually it ends up as a sampler of different stitches, with the grandchildrens' names in the corners of the outer edges. This is going to be a very long term project. In fact, the grandchildren might be adults by the time it is finished. LOL!!

I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching

6 comments:

  1. Very nice work on the stocking. I never have been brave enough to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the stockings! An amazing accomplishment!
    Love the story about the grandchildren sampler! Maybe your grandchildren will finish it for your Mom?!?
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stocking is gorgeous...I really enjoy getting to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noel's stocking is darling! Wow!! You've done such a great job on these! I love your 'grandchildren' stitchery -- good stuff, grandchildren, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you finished your stocking, just in time for the big day! It looks great, so many fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stocking came out great. Have fun filling it... that is the fun part.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.