Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 2 November 2016

WIP Wednesday....

Geese Around the Tulip Patch is finished, or at least the top is. Here it is hanging off the end of the deck.
This is one of the few times in my quilting life that I have started a project and kept working at it until it was done, without starting anything else. And, to top it off, I kept with my goal of doing the label at the time of the finish, before making the backing.
This means I can actually piece it into the backing, rather than having to hand sew it on after quilting. I do these up in the Electric Quilt software, and then print them onto printable fabric sheets. Now all I have to do is make up the backing and get it quilted.
I’m linking up to Lorna’s Let’s Bee Social and to Finish it Friday in celebration of this finish. Now, to decide how to quilt it.......




5 comments:

  1. That looks like a very large quilt. It turned out really nice. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart idea for labels -- I always struggle with that part of the process! I just realized you'd added the "follow by email" widget. Thank you!! It's my favorite way to follow my favorite blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an easy way to do the label, I like how it matches the quilt pattern. Have fun with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and what a great label. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.