Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 3 December 2012

Design Wall Monday, Dec. 3, 2012


There is nothing on my wall...... zero, zip, zilch. I'm focusing on getting quilt tops quilted. I have Jack's I Spy quilt on the machine right now.
I debated with myself for quite a while just exactly how to quilt this. The first thought was a pantograph of some sort. And then I thought of diagonal lines going from corner to corner through the I Spy squares. But the more I looked at it, the more I thought the the quilting should highlight the fabrics, and not compete with them. So, I am going with a very basic continuous curves. This will keep the fabrics and colours the focus of the quilt. This is the second of the grandson quilts that have been quilted. Avery's Truck Quilt is finished, and waiting for a trip through the washer and dryer. I'll have a picture of it later this week.

I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times Design wall Monday. Lots and lots of great stuff to see over there.

2 comments:

  1. What I can see looks very cute. I've done several I spy quilts too, but yours looks different than any I've seen. I like how you are quilting it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing on my design wall, either! Blah...it'll probably be that way through the month, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.