Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 9 December 2012

Stash Report and Sunday Hand stitching, Dec 9, 2012

 I finally have some hand stitching I can show. The past month or so has been occupied with working on Laurie's stocking, which I will show pictures of after Christmas. But all 4 stockings fronts are now finished, and 2 of them are complete, with backings sewn on, and linings sewn in. Matt's  is one of them. His was the first one I started, way back last February. He is an avid golfer, so when I saw this golfing snowman, I knew it was his. Those golf clubs in the golf bag actually come out!! It is lined with a Christmas feeling plaid.
 I am working for the next week, with the exception of Wednesday, so I will be taking the others to work with me and soing the finishing hand sewing on my breaks. I have really enjoyed doing these, but will be glad to have them done. With the exception of the Promises and Borders blocks I have done, these have taken up all of my hand work time for the past year. Come January, or maybe even before, depending on when I get these done, I want to get back to working on applique, and maybe some knitting too.

There has been a bit of stash usage this past week, bindings, some 9 patches for a swap at the guild, and the fabric for the stocking linings.

Used this week:                                            3.7 yards
Used this year:                                         125.7 yards
Purchased this week:                                       0 yards
Purchased this year:                                  159.5 yards
Balance:                                                         33.8 yards more in than out.
I won't be hitting a zero balance this year, but that's OK, since it never was my goal to do that. But I'm really pleased with the yearly use number. I have one more backing to make for a quilt, and then it will have to be bound, so the usage number might top the 130 mark by the end of the year.  And I have a leaders and enders project that is about 15 four patches away from going into assembly stage, so I might be able to count that by the end of the year, as well.
I'm linking up with Judy's stash reports at Patchwork Times And Kathy's slow Sunday stitching report at Kathy's Quilts.

7 comments:

  1. You have really accomplished a lot to get these stockings all finished this year! Lots of hand stitching and details that make them spectacular! Thanks for linking up again to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable golfing snowman on your stocking! It looks like it was fun to make too. I'm making a new set of quilted stockings (I hope) this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an adorable stocking with so many fun details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your golfing snowman! you did some awesome hand work this year on these stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job on the stocking, Cathy! What fun these will be!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a great stocking for a guy!!! You don't see many that they would like, but any man would love to have one like that :*) Great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a while since I checked in on your blog...love seeing the stocking. Can't wait to see the others!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.