Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 31 May 2014

Three of a Kind is a flimsy

I finished it, the top that is.... yippee and woohoo.... with just hours to spare in the May deadline!
 It used up tons of my 1 1/2 inch strips. Unfortunately, about halfway through, I ran out of pieces long enough to make the blocks, so I ended up having to cut more. So I'm not too sure now, whether my pile actually got smaller or bigger. This quilt ended up being 92 inches square. I started this one back in January of this year, which isn't bad... five months, start to finish. It now gets to be added to the growing list of tops waiting to be quilted.
 It's from a book by Judy Martin called Scraps. This is the second quilt I've done from this book, and I have a third in progress that will probably become June's UFO to work on. I'm linking up to May's Lovely Year of Finishes party.

7 comments:

  1. Whoohoo!!! I'm giving you a standing ovation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Cathy - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Makes me want to go dive into my strip bin and play!
    Great finsih!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous top and well done on meeting your goal

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.