Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Long time no post....

It's actually been only a little more than a week, since last Monday's non-design wall post. But I have a really good reason, and his picture is right here. This is our son Noel, with his son Avery. Our darling Avery's third birthday was on Saturday. Seeing as how it was the long weekend, and the park near his house showed all the sites that would fit our trailer as having been reserved, we decided to drive up last Wednesday in order to be able to get a non-reservable spot. We got one, and stayed until yesterday. I'm not sure, but I think this might have been the coldest it's ever been while we've been out camping. It went down to freezing one night, and just one degree above it the next. We spent a lot of time huddled inside the trailer the first couple of days we were there. Matt and Becca and Noel came up together on Friday, and then we had Avery's birthday party at the campsite on Saturday. It was so wonderful to see him, and it went by way too fast. He is such a smart little cookie, and has quite the imagination. When I greeted him as I went to get him out of the car our conversation went like this:

Me: Hello my angel boy!!
Avery: I'm not an angel, I'm a train. I'm Molly.

Molly is one of the trains on the Thomas the Tank Engine series. But, whether he was my angel or a train, I still got him out of the car and gave him lots of hugs, a bunch of kisses and just a few tickles.
He takes a few of his trains pretty much every where he goes. He got some new track for his birthday from us, so was able to set up a small place to run his trains. The tracks didn't have quite enough pieces to all join together, so Grampy showed him how the trains could jump from one side to the other. I miss him already....
We came back home yesterday, and spent today doing all the post being away for a week things, like groceries and banking and laundry. Tomorrow, I get back to work at doing quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.