Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 31 May 2013

Pooling socks challenge.

Today is the day that the final pictures of the socks Judy challenged us to make here are due. The challenge was to choose a yarn that we thought would pool, I chose an Antonia yarn.









We were then tp take a picture of the yarn  on a March calender to show that it was a new pair of  socks being made.

 Here's a picture of my final product on my feet. I used a set of double pointed needles, size 2.75mm and cast on 60 stitches. I played around with the tension as I was knitting in order to try to control where the colours were landing. I love the effect. The next time this type of yarn goes on sale, I'll have to get some more.
 Here's a flat picture of the socks facing one way,
and facing the other way. I like the way the colours pooled on these. And, considering this is only the third pair of socks I've made, I'm very happy with them. I'm linking up to the reveal post at Judy's Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. Oh they look so geographic!!!! How many times have I proclaimed that I don't need another hobby? Well, I signed up for a sock knitting class last week!!! You finally hooked your claws into me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they turned out. I didn't try the challenge but I love making socks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.