Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 12 May 2013

Stash Report week 19, 2013

I did more sewing this week, on the Lazy Sunday Mystery, which meant more cutting into fabrics. That part didn't amount to very much, considering the small pieces Bonnie Hunter uses. But if there are enough small pieces, it eventually adds up. Then, I bound a quilt, and made a backing for another. The backing made the numbers grow. And I resisted yet another ad from Thousands of Bolts for a sale on fabric for less than $4.95 per yard..... so far at least. *giggle*

Used this week:                                6.1 yards
Used this year:                                 58.7 yards
Added this week:                             0 yards
Added this year:                              131.25 yards
Balance:                                           72.55 more yards in than out.

I've been looking at the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the month, and have realized I'd better get working on them.

1. Catch up on Grandmother's Choice. The weather is getting nicer, so I can do some of the hand pieced squares that I'm behind on while outside. 
     - I started English Paper piecing one of the blocks, which was quite the challenge. But the weather has turned cold again, so outside sewing will have to wait. It was ice pelleting out there about 10 minutes ago!! I find I need the natural light these days to do hand piecing. Even the amount of light coming in the window doesn't quite cut it.
2. Paper piece 10 of the border units for Cactus Rose. Maybe if I break this down into smaller sections, it won't seem quite so overwhelming.
   -haven't touched it....... maybe today
3. Finish step 2 of the Lazy Sunday Mystery.  
     -working on it
4. Do 2 more blocks for Thanksgiving Quilt
      -haven't touched it
5. Quilt Endless Chain 
       -done!!
6. Bind Disappearing Nine Patch.
    -haven't touched it, but I did bind Endless chain, so maybe I can substitute? But I'd still like to get this done.
Maybe I should write this list out, and post it n the fridge where I can see it. That might focus me a bit.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your finish and hope it warms up soon. I've had to pare my list of get it done to 3 and then only small steps - the only way for me. Six yards a week and you'll have used over 300 yards in a year!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.