Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 29 November 2023

What We’re Working on

 We finished another quilt this past week, other than the hand stitching on the binding. And I’m making good progress on the Atlanta Garden Sampler, where the blocks are available on Barbara Brackman’s Civil War blog and also here on her Etsy shop. I’ve gone a little rogue on this one. I didn’t like November’s block and December’s is going to have curved pieced Drunkard’s Path type blocks which I didn’t want to do. So I substituted a couple from the Electric Quilt libraries. I've started on the quilt as you go process, using pieced sashing between the blocks to carry over the turquoise found in the centre of each block. As usual, the quilting process is slow going, but so much easier on the neck and shoulders and back than doing the quilting all at once on a big quilt. This one is going to measure 62 x 62 inches square when done. I was hoping to get more done on this one today, but there was a snow squall warning out for our area so school was cancelled. The original alternate plan because of the snow day was for Abbie and I to do some baking of muffins. But somehow the "Abbie and I" ended up just “I" as she decided playing with Papa was more fun. She may have been right. I did up 3 different muffin recipes.... Pumpkin Chocolate Chip and Blueberry Oatmeal both of which got baked up. Then I mixed up a batch of Six Week Raisin Bran muffins to go in the fridge to bake up in the next few weeks. And now I’m all tuckered out. 

I’ll link up to Mid Week Makers.








1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying the progress of the Flying X blocks, and seeing it finished is great! The fabrics that you're using for the Atlanta Garden Sampler work so well together and it going to be beautiful!
    We're having our grandsons for a sleepover this W/E, but I'm thinking of switching out my baking plans with them - they'd probably find decorating our tree instead more exciting....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.