Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 15 November 2023

What we are working on

 Progress on our Prayers and Squares projects has definitely been one step forward, two steps back this past week. We had all the rows of the woodland creatures quilt sewn together last week. We laid it out on the floor to get pictures only to find that one set of rows was sewn on upside down. That was a very definite grrrrrrr  moment. So no pictures of that this week. Our scrappy strippy piece is ready for borders to go on the top and bottom and then it can get its binding on and be declared done. And the quilt I am working on at home has all of the blocks finished and the quilting started on the individual blocks. This isn’t its final layout. It will have 1 1/2 inch sashing and cornerstones in between the blocks. And that’s where the next steps backward happened. The front looks great. The back, not so much, This is the second time today I’ve made this mistake which is why I decided to take a break and write a blog post. Time to get out the seam ripper. Right after I link up with Mid week Makers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.