Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 26 November 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I managed to dig around in the spare bedroom upstairs that is acting as our storage facility while our renovations down here are happening and I found my Quilters’ Bee cross stitch sampler. I’ve been slowly working my way through the white hardanger lace work at the bottom. It is very fiddly and slow going, which is the whole point of slow stitching, so that’s OK. 

And when my brain or my eyes are too fried to be able to concentrate on the cross stitch, I’ve been working on a very simple mindless scrap sock yarn scarf. It is knit on circular needles with all of the yarn joins being in the middle where they won’t be seen and therefore don’t need to be neatly woven in. It might be close to being done. And of course, I have enough scrap sock yarn here to be able to do another of these. Then again, I may just start another pair of socks.

I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching







4 comments:

  1. I was just contemplating starting my first pair of socks. Of course there have been a few attempts previously. I love that embroidery piece with the hardanger. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Cathy!! Your Quilting Bee Cross Stitch is just exquisite! I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cross-stitch! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cross stitch hardanger piece, truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.