Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 1 November 2023

What we are working on

 At our Prayers and Squares group we are continuing to work on getting a couple of projects to the finish point. I don’t have a new picture of the woodland quilt since there was hand work to be done on the backing before it could progress any further. The scrappy stripes is getting closer to being done and might get finished this week. It has two rows left to add and the top and bottom border. Because it is quilt as you go, there are seams to be finished by hand on the back. 

As well as working on these projects during our Thursday afternoons, I’ve been doing a sampler independently at home. I love making samplers. It is finished, except for the hand stitching on the back and the binding. It will go off to one of the other ladies for this stage of its being. 

And then, just because I got new fabrics in the mail, I had to start another one that will also go to the Prayers and Squares ministry. It is a very simple block from the Electric Quilt libraries called "Flying X" made from 3 1/2 inch strips. The blocks go together very quickly and let the fabrics shine. They are from a collection called “Backyard”. I very rarely ever buy fabrics that are all from one collection. But this one really called to me and I couldn’t resist.

I will link up to Mid Week Makers, finish my second cup of coffee and then get back to more sewing. We got our first snowfall of the season overnight, at least a couple of inches, so it is a good day to stay indoors and play with fabrics and needles and thread.








2 comments:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.