Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 29 October 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I have two knitting projects currently on the go. One requires thought, the other doesn’t. Hang on and I’ll explain. Our last vehicle, the one the tree fell on and totalled, had a heated steering wheel. I had never had one of those before... what a wonderful invention that was for someone with fibromyalgia and Reynauds Syndrome. My hands get cold and when they get cold, the hurt more than usual. Our new car does not have that feature, so I am having to get creative in ways to keep my hands warm while driving. The obvious answer is a pair of gloves, but that doesn’t work. My fingers need to be all together to keep each other comfy and warm. So the next obvious answer is a pair of mittens. But I find it difficult to drive using mittens. So, I am trying what are called “trigger mittens”. The thumb and first finger will be separate from the rest. They are the thought requiring knitting, due to needing to work with two different colours of yarn which give a double thick mitten. And then there are the socks which are the very little thought required knitting. Except for the actual number of stitches required for turning the heel, I have the pattern memorized and can mostly knit these without even having to look at what I am doing. 

I’ll link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then perhaps will pick up the mittens again.





1 comment:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.