Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 18 October 2023

What we are working on

 It’s been a while since I did a “working on” post. Our Prayers and Squares group has been meeting and working on stuff all summer. Mostly it was on just one quilt.... an Economy Block wedding quilt. It is finally finished and I think it has been delivered to the newly weds. I am having trouble consistently getting pictures of what we are working on. We have so much fun every Thursday afternoon that time flies very quickly and before we know it the time to pack up comes around, not leaving time to lay things out for pictures. Maybe I should set my alarm for 4 pm on Thursday to remind me to get pictures.... good idea. I’ll try it this week.  However, with the cold weather coming around creating more time to spend indoors, I have been working on quilt blocks at home again. I had thought I wouldn’t be able to do that because I had taken all my quilting fabrics over to the church where our Prayers and Squares group meets. Imagine my delight when I remembered a tote of fabric that I had stored under the bed and then discovered another smaller tote tucked away on a shelf. Between those two fabric sources was enough to do a sampler. Perhaps even more than one.  I love doing samplers. Making one block at a time, using a colour theme and doing more challenging blocks that take some time and thought. I have 11 out of 12 blocks done. Hopefully today will see the 12th block done and then I will start on making the pieced sashing and cornerstones. 

I will link up to Mid Week Makers.





1 comment:

  1. I love your sampler. The colors you've chosen really mesh well together. Your prayers and squares group sounds like a great group of gals. I wish we had something similar close to my home but I get to enjoy your group through your writings and pictures and that is something. 😇

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.