I've got a couple of things going at the moment. Well, if I'm being totally honest, more than a couple........ Anyway, to be more accurate, a couple of things on my wall. After finishing Endless Chain last week, I wanted to work on something fun, and relatively non complex. So I've been sewing Scrappy Dresden Plates for the Quilt Along from Bunny Hill Designs Twelve are pieced together, but I have 8 more to do, because I want mine bigger than the instructions call for. I like to make quilts that will fit double or Queen size beds. They would then also work on a twin, but would hang all the way to the floor on the twin, depending on the height of the mattress. I think I am going to do different coloured solids or tone on tones for the centers.
The other thing I'm working on is my February UFO which is Bonnie Hunter's mystery from Last year, Roll Roll Cotton Boll. But I'm putting my own personal twist into it, since I really don't want to make any more of the 8 1/2 inch string squares. So I'm substituting a red fabric for half of them.
It doesn't look like much on the wall, as yet. But I did up a virtual quilt in EQ7 using this layout, and it looks quite good. From a distance there is almost a curvy look to it with this layout. Once the borders go on, I thing it will work quite nicely. To see other walls. head on over to where I'm linking up, at Patchwork Times And now, I'm going to see if I can get some piecing done on this baby before I have to go in to work this afternoon.
Wow, you've gotten a lot of those dresden blocks done. They look really nice. Love your variation for the mystery quilt (I get tired of those string blocks too!)ReplyDelete
love your dresdens and how you've made Bonnie's mystery your own! great work!!ReplyDelete
Love your idea for Roll Roll Cotton Boll.ReplyDelete
Oh Cathy, aren't you glad you mocked it up in EQ -- it's gorgeous!!! This will be another fun, fabulous quilt. And your plates are looking great, too!! :)ReplyDelete
I have Dresden plate table runner I need to finish some day. I like the red triangle in you RRCB. I have one to quilt late this year and it makes me think I should make one.ReplyDelete
I love how you substituted the red blocks on Cotton Boll. It makes everything stand out more. Good choice.ReplyDelete
What a great idea you have to finishing up your mystery in a way that you like! I have to work on mine this year too.ReplyDelete
I love the fabrics you chose for your plates! I'm not sure how big mine is going to be, but it may not end up with just 12 plates.ReplyDelete
What a great idea using the red fabric in place of some of the strings! I wonder if the curved look would be as obvious if you followed Bonnie's pattern to the letter.... I'm liking your version!
I love your idea for RRCB. I think it is going to look fabulous and it certainly will be a unique version of the mystery quilt.ReplyDelete