Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 27 February 2011

Stash report Week 9

I've been incredibly busy this week, but not with sewing. I am trying to get the backlog of customer quilts cleaned up. One of them, that has occupied most of my time this week, is a cross stitch quilt, that is a custom job, that requires all kinds of starts and stops, and thread burying. Because it's custom, the thread needs to match the background, so there are thread colour changes, and the thread is a fairly fine one, so I'm having tension issues, and thread breaking issues. Needless to say, the frustration level is rather high at the moment. The good news is, the quilting on Chocolate swirls is done, and all start and stop threads on it trimmed. And, my UFO #10 is also finished. Pics of both of those tomorrow. I'm hoping to get the binding sewn onto the Chocolate Swirls today, in between blocks of the custom quilt. No work done this week on any of the 100 blocks challenge squares, other than doing the hand stitching of one I've already started. That means I'm pretty much almost 3 weeks behind. Once I get this quilt off that machine, that can change.
So, on to the numbers:

Used this week:            .8 yards
Used year to date:         40 yards
Added this week:            0 yards
Added year to date:        91.5
Balance:                               +51.5

To see how others are doing with using up their fabric stashes, go over to patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.