Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 16 May 2024

What we’re working on

 We’ve been working on multiple projects at the Prayers and Squares group, as usual. And we’ve had a couple of finishes, or finishes up to the point of a fabric shopping trip for finishing border fabrics. This flying geese and woodland animals quilt is done. 

Barbara and I have been working on a scrap quilt drawn from the 2 inch strip bin. It is finished to the stage of needing border and backing fabric. We didn’t find anything in our stash of fabrics, so it will go with us to a fabric shopping trip next week. At the moment we are thinking something red for borders.

We had some hexagons donated to our group, so Janet has been working on sewing them together with the burgundy triangles. It turned out there weren’t enough hexagons to make a decent sized quilt, so we dug around and found some fabrics that coordinated well with what was already there. 

And then lastly is the quilt I’ve been working on at home. All 20 blocks are done now,  although I only have a picture of 19. I thought this one was going to need to go on the shopping trip for backing, but we found some fabric at the church that will work for it. So I can start the quilt as I go process for this one tomorrow.

I’ll link up to Mid Week Makers.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.