Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 1 November 2015

Sunday Stash and Stitching report

What a glorious day it has been today. One of those autumn days where the temperatures are comfortable, the sky is a gorgeous deep blue, and the coloured leaves are scattered in front of the background blues. The sound of the wind blowing the leaves around finished the beauty of the day. It wasn’t actually warm enough to be outside stitching, so I’m continuing to work on La Passacaglia as my hand stitching project while sitting in my recliner, which is right beside the window. It doesn’t really look like anything has been done to it. But there has been, really there has. I’m in the process of sewing the sections together. The bottom is completely together, although I don’t have a picture of that for this post. The top left corner is now all sewn together and today I’m working on sewing together the top right corner. The top green one is on, and the orange one below it is halfway on. A couple of weeks ago, I was trying to decide whether to start sewing it together, or to make the last couple of rosettes. Obviously, sewing it together won. It’s a big, long, and not very artistically exciting job, sewing it all together, so I thought I’d do that and get it over with. Once it’s all into the bigger sections, and the last two rosettes are finished and in place, it will be time to start adding on all the white edging. I just might start that before the last two rosettes as well, since it will also be a long and not too terribly inspiring job. But it will mean that this project will be nearing the finish line. I think I’ll leave sewing the whole thing together until after all the edging pieces are on, just to cut down on the weight and bulk of what I’m working on.

I’ve been doing a fair amount of sewing on things other than La Passacaglia, which is mostly just my Sunday stitching project now, so there is a little progress on the stash reduction front. Doing a stash report every other week makes it seem like I’m making better progress, since the used numbers are bigger for two weeks than for one. I need every psychological boost I can get. ;-)

Used last 2 weeks:                              4.1 yards
Used this year:                                   71.1 yards
Added last 2 weeks:                             0 yards
Added this year:                                 110.7 yards
Net stash added:                                   39.6 yards
I’m linking up to Judy’s Stash report and Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching. Then it’s back to my audiobook and more hand stitching.



6 comments:

  1. That reminds me that I should do a stash report...
    I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your La Passacaglia is coming along nicely. Intricate and detailed piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those blocks are just amazing - the sections you've completed look really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that sometimes it's good to do a 'boring' bit and leave yourself something more exciting to come back to :) I don't think I'd get bored stitching this beauty though! It's absolutely stunning and I love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your progress, not at all Boeing.
    Greetings Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... so close to the finish line! What great progress you are making!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.