Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 25 January 2015

Sunday Stash and Stitching Report, week 4

I finished the first of the La Passacaglia rosettes last night, and immediately started on the next one. It is so much fun simply digging through the fabrics, that it took hours just to make the decision of which ones to use next. I'm assembling these in a bit of a different order than the book suggests, working on the ones that will be nesting into each other, rather than just assembling rosettes and then putting it all together. I think I might get a better continuity of colours this way. So this one below is how far I've gotten, so far. It gets more complex past this point...........



















I've been doing lots of sewing this past week. But, I finally did some shopping. Fabrics for a tote bag, and 10 yards of Kona white for backgrounds for the scrappy quilts that will be happening this year. I ended up in added numbers, this week, but it won't be too hard to get going back in the right direction.

Used this week:                                      8.15 yards
Used this year:                                     12.25 yards
Added this week:                                      15 yards
Added this year:                                        15 yards
Net stash added:                                     2.75 yards

I'm linking up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching and Judy's Fabric Report. The I think I'll keep going on this rosette for a while longer. This one stitched together so much faster, so far, than the first one did, which is very encouraging.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I always have a stash of white on hand too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How big is the finished rosette? I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous! You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing job so far! Love how the designs on the fabrics give so much interest and movement!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.