Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 14 April 2013

Stash Report week 15, 2013

I had usage this past week, the most I've had in a very long time. WOOHOO!! I finished off the cutting for the Playful Friends blocks, and sewed up all but the last 2 of the blocks. And I made up a backing for a Disappearing 9 patch that I made years ago. It's loaded and on the Millie, just waiting for a few hours of quilting time. I wanted to load one of mine, just to make sure everything is working properly after taking her apart and then putting her back together again.
It will be a good one for donating to the children's aid for an older child. I haven't quite decided on the quilting design yet. Part of me is thinking something free hand, and part of me is thinking a pantograph of some sort.
I've found my boxes of unquilted tops, so I decided to start unpacking them while I was up there earlier.
There are about 8 of them hanging there, with another 4 or 5 still waiting to be unpacked. I think I need to start adding mine into the quilting calendar line up. I have some new threads on order that I want to try, so that will be a good opportunity to try them out, and get some of mine done at the same time. It will also help towards my stash numbers by doing backs for them. LOL!! I've added a bit to the stash numbers this week. I've found a pattern that I want to do that is a Judy Martin design called Meteor Shower. But I needed to get more oranges for it, so I picked up 4 yards of various bright and pale oranges.
Used this week:                    6.95 yards 
Used this year:                     39.7 yards
Added this week:                      4 yards
Added this year:                 131.25 yards
Balance:                                91.55 more yards in than out.

I'm working this afternoon, so I'd best get linked up to Judy's Patchwork Times and then get ready to go. I keep forgetting to allow for the extra travel time to get to work, which could end up being not a very good thing, if I end up late to work.


  1. Congrats on the finish! Have fun with the Judy Martin pattern, it's beautiful.

  2. Three cheers for Millie being ready to go, and for getting some of your personal "backlog" taken care of too!
    I'm making a crib quilt with some bright fabrics (Simple Marks Summer), and I'm thinking of bordering it in orange - the backing has orange in it too. So, I bought a meter of what I thought was the perfect orange - and it's not even close! A week or two later, I found some oranges in a different store, and chose the exact right one out of the 4 or 5 available - and, of course, it's not the right one either (actually, it's exactly the same as the 1st one I bought!) Now, to find a pattern that needs 2 meters of orange Kona cotton! Orange is a bit out of my comfort zone, but that comfort zone has stretched a lot in the past 3 or 4 months....!

  3. Love your system for organizing tops to quilt...keeps them from getting all wrinkled and right where they can "bug" you to work on them!


I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.