Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 26 April 2013

On the needles, April 26, 2013

I actually don't have anything on the needles right now, because I finished, not just one, but 2 pairs of socks this week. Woohoo!! And I will repeat again, I am hooked on this hand knit socks thing. The first pair here are done with Kroy sock yarn, using 2.75 inch double pointed needles. When I first started these, I was kinda concerned that, if the stripes didn't match on each sock, it would bug me. They don't match, but it doesn't bug me. I had set these aside for a while, because I had new sock yarn arrives in the mail. (I told you I'm hooked).

One of them was an Antonia wool, with raspberry, grey and pink colours, that looked like they would work for the pooling colours sock challenge that Judy Laquidara suggested. Well, they are done, and the colours pooled, and swirled and striped, and came out looking really cool. Or at least I think they did. I used 2.75 mm double pointed needles. I sort of adjusted the tension as I went, knitting some sections tighter, or looser than others in order to keep the colours pooling The differences in the tension don't seem to be obvious in the finished product.
I have another hank of wool all rolled up into a ball, and ready to start another pair. I think this time, though, I'm going to research a pattern that works from the toe up. I still haven't gotten the hang of finishing off the toe when working from the cuff down.  I'm linking up to Judy's On the needles box

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your pooling socks. They are amazing!! And, I'm so glad you're hooked on sock knitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pooling socks! I've knit 4 pairs from those Opal Antonia yarns and they have all pooled spectacularly. I have a skein of this colorway waiting to be wound. Your socks make me want to cast it on right now -- have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cathy, look at you go! They both turned out fabulous! Love the pooling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have mercy, but those pinks socks are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the socks! My socks for the challenge are not pooling, but I love them anyway so I am going ahead with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great socks! Love the pooling. Mine weren't cooperating, so now I'm doing baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.