Last week at this time I was anticipating the new lessons involved in doing a quilt as you go method using sashings. I have made great progress on it and really like the process. It takes a while to do it but the results are more than worth it. All of the blocks are quilted and the rows assembled. I have three out of four rows sewn together with just the last to add on. Another hour or two should finish it ready for binding. Here’s a close up of one of the blocks surrounded by the quilted sashing. A couple of days ago I was starting to feel like I was coming down with a bad case of “startitis”. I have found a new block of the month that I want to do on the Barbara Brackman Civil War blog here. But I managed to fight it off and stay focused on this project instead, hoping to get it finished. I have one more quilt that needs machine quilting, but it is going to have to wait until I can get a backing made and get it layered on Thursday. Perhaps later today I can start that new BOM.
I’m linking to Midweek Makers.
Post a Comment
I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.