Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 29 January 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

 It’s amazing how much I can accomplish when I focus on one single project at a time rather than multitasking. Last week I had just started the embroidery on the cows and flamingos for Noah’s Journey. I finished them in less than a week.


This is a quilt designed by Crabapple Hill Studios, by the way, found here. It came out as a block of the month a few years ago and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to do it. Never mind that I had no idea what I was going to do with it once it was finished, and still don’t for that matter.

Anyhow, here are the cows sewn into their section of the quilt. Then I went ahead a made up another section using the sheep and camels and goats. I’ve moved on to the second last of the stitcheries that need to be finished, tigers and hedgehogs and cranes. I have ordered threads and needles for the quilting as well as fabric for the backing. I am going to attempt big stitch hand quilting on this. It remains to be seen how that will go. This is certainly a good time of year to cuddle up under a quilt and do the hand quilting. It’s currently snowing and blustery outside today. A good day to stitch and visit the blogs of other slow stitchers at Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching


2 comments:

  1. Noah's Journey is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think big stitching, hand quilting on this lovely quilt will look fabulous! Those cows and flamingos look great. Enjoy your day stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.