Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Rosemary's Computer quilt


This fun quilt belongs to Rosemary, although I think its eventual owner is actually going to be her son. The print on the fabric is all kinds of different electronics, not just computers. I should have thought to get a picture of the backing as well as the front. She used a velour type knit. It's the first time in 10 years of long arm quilting I've worked with it, and wasn't sure how it would quilt up, due to its stretchiness. I loaded it so that the stretch went from side to side, and took it very easy on the side clamps so that it wouldn't stretch out of shape. The result was gorgeous!
We decided to go with the Square Spiral pantograph for the quilting design. It added some lovely soft curves to the quilt, and continued the square shapes and the diagonal movement in the quilt piecing.


2 comments:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.