Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 23 June 2013

We didn't vanish..


But we did take off for a weeks' vacation at Awenda provincial park.
There isn't wireless coverage there, so it truely was a week off from everything, except enjoying God's creation, and having a lovely visit with Avery. We met up with them at a park in Wasaga Beach and had an hour or so, to play.
After the park, we went to McDonalds for supper, where he had his favourite food..... french fries, without the salt. He is such a sweet and happy boy, and smart. He knows his letters already. There was a sign on the lawn in front of the McDonalds, and we got down in front of it, and he was able to name all the letters on the sign, or at least all the upper case ones. He's 25 months old..... I think that's pretty good for that age.
I did manage to get some sewing done while we were away. I took my sewing machine and a folding table with us. Most of the evenings were too cold to be outside with a campfire, so one evening I set up inside the trailer and did some sewing. And then on Thursday, I set up on the folding table outside in the campsite. Now this is my idea of the ultimate in sewing rooms. LOL! The sun shining, a light breeze blowing enough to be comfortable and feel good, but not strong enough to blow away the fabrics, and the sounds of the birds and squirrels and chipmunks.... absolutely perfect. I think, though, I'm going to investigate one of those folding sewing tables. I was working on getting the second step of the Lazy Sunday Mystery finished, and did in fact, get it done, and the cutting for the next step started. So I can count all that fabric out.
I was planning on doing this and my Stash Report as separate posts, but since blogger has been acting up, and it has taken 3 times as long as it should have to get this one post written, I'm going to combine this one with my stash report. I'm several weeks behind on stash reports, so this one combines 2 weeks.

Used this week:                                1.8 yards
Used this year:                                 72.1 yards
Added this week:                                  0 yards
Added this year                                 131.25 yards
Balance:                                              59.15 more yards in than out.
I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times


5 comments:

  1. I miss camping and my family doesn't seem to want to do it anymore. We always went to Sauble Falls and the beach is awesome, all that sand for miles. I think I'm going to rent a cottage somewhere up there next summer. I have to agree that the great outdoors makes a perfect sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great week off. What a great sewing "room" for your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful time for you. Sometimes I think its the best thing to be completely off the computer and such devices for a while. Avery is so cute. In the summer I often think I would like to bring out my cutting stuff and do that on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, Cathy, Avery has gotten so big! And he's just absolutely darling, too!! Oh you must have loved your time with him!! Looks like you had a beautiful week -- I love the sewing table outside! It's already hitting 90 during the daytime, here. No outside stitching for me! I'm headed to the POOL today! Hugs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several of those tables (got them at a garage sale for cheap). I'm taking one with me, along with a hand crank sewing machine, to cabin camp in MN in Sept while hubby backpacks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.