Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 24 June 2013

Design Wall Monday, June 24, 2013

Another Monday, and another week with the same quilt up on my wall. However, all the blocks and all the border four patches are now finished, and I can start sewing it together. There has been a call put out to collect quilts for the victims of the flooding in Calgary Alberta, so this one will most likely be going there. If anyone is interested in sending them quilts, there is a Facebook group page Quilts for Calgary, that has information. They are looking for both finished quilts, and tops as well, since they have a number of long arm quilters who have volunteered their services. I just might end up sending them quite a few of my unquilted tops that I had determined were going to be donation quilts, after I got them finished. That will get them out to the people who need them, and will also clear off some of my mount-to-be-quilted. Not only that, but it will cost less to ship out unquilted tops. If I have a backing already done, I'll send that, too. This is a short one today, as I have phone calls to make this afternoon, and a 3-11 shift to work at the hospital. I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday , where there is lots of fun stuff to see.

3 comments:

  1. Great quilt top. I love simple squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and quilt. Simple yet dramatic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like how your borders repeat on your 36 patch quilt.

    There is NOTHING like camping and sewing. I do it most the summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.