Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 3 June 2013

Design Wall Monday, June 3, 2013

I have a whole pile of 36 patches and 4 patches up on the wall. It's interesting to see how different it looks in the picture that when looking at the real thing. For instance, looking at the picture I can see that the 36 patch square that is in the second row down and 3 in from the left isn't working. The contrast between the lights and darks in that square aren't as crisp as they should be. Maybe that one will end up on the back. I really like having the left over 4 patches acting as a border on it. I've been wondering what to do about a stop border between the body of the quilt and the four patches. Right now it's just the design wall showing through, but I think I like the way white looks in there. So maybe, instead of trying all kinds of different colours, I'll use white as the frame. I have 23 of the blocks done, although if I remove the one that's not working, that makes  22. Eight more to go and this baby is done. It is a perfect piece to work on while resting my brain from working on Meteor Shower.

I have 2 blocks finished and a third about half done. The third one is all blues and oranges as well. The next ones will be pinks and oranges. It's complex, but I'm enjoying doing it. I'm linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday, then I'm going to play with a few more 36 patches before going in to work this afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. its always interesting to see how different blocks look through the camera lens. I have a couple blocks from my 36 patches just like yours--I haven't decided what to do with them so maybe they will end up on the back too. But I love the way your 36 patches look, I just HAD to make some too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the 36-patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you make the 16 patches? Did you use two long strips and then cut them into the squares and sew all the squares together. It looks like very nice~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the white in there. and if it were me, I would leave that square in there. I think it adds to the charm. pretty pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.