Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 17 October 2011

Design wall Monday Oct 17

This must be what it feels like to be retired. Days and days of nothing to do but enjoy the fact that it is cold and rainy and damp outside, so what else is a girl to do but sew. (Lets not mention the house cleaning that needs to be done, shall we) In addition to all the crumbs I've been working on the past week, I've also been working on my Swoon quilt, which is going to get renamed Sweet Treats. My goal for yesterday was to get 3 more blocks sewn together. I almost made it........ 2 1/2 done. For today, I would love to get the next 3 at least cut out, and hopefully some of them sewn together. So far, there are donuts and muffins, jelly beans and those hearts shaped candies with words on them, and cupcakes and ice cream treats, in this quilt. I have 2 more sweets fabric, so I'm going to have to repeat one of them. Either that, or I have a fun cell phone fabric I can put in, just for fun. I'll have to see how the colours work out, once the next 2 sweets squares are done. And now, come on over to Judy's Patchwork Times with me and browse through some other design walls

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the Swoon blocks! Your theme is so cool and yummy! Hope you get more done soon -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Sweet Treats", it fits!! Housework?? Dare you utter such an icky word?!?! LOL! Enjoy your day, my dear friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Swoon block looks like it would be fun to make, but you really have to watch which way you're turning the parts, don't you? It's going to be really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks, I love that pattern. I graphed one out a few weeks ago just because it was tempting me. Your sweets fabrics sound cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love those Swoon blocks - I may need to make some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would have gained 5 lbs. by now, working with all those food-based fabrics! I LOVE how the blocks look - and the fact that the fabrics make either the star or the "circle" around them pop. Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These blocks are so cool! Love the new name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your swoon blocks - that is sucha pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.