Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Look what I found.......



I was out, briefly, yesterday to go to the library, and to pick up some thread, and elastic for the diapers I'm doing. When I came home, I looked in one of our front garden beds, just out of curiosity to see if something was coming up yet. I was quite surprised to see daffodils, and they are almost 4 or 5 inches tall.  YIPPEE!!! WOOHOO!!! Spring is actually here!!!!! And there are already flower buds on them.


I've been working on the diapers both yesterday and today, and am pleased to say that there are now a dozen made. I've switched over to doing them assembly line fashion, six at a time, and have gotten the time down to 40 minutes each. And that was with some thread breakage issues, which slowed things down a bit. They are sooooooooooo cute. I'm getting rather impatient to see the little guy in them. Rebecca is coming over this evening to use our kitchen for some secret baby shower preparation stuff. There is more room in ours, than in hers. She volunteered to do some stuff to help out with the shower. I'm taking bets on how long it takes before I hear  "Mom, can you come and help me?" LOL





3 comments:

  1. Those diapers are so cute! and I hope everything went well with Becca and whatever she was doing in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My crocuses are blooming, and the daffodils and tulips are a few inches tall, but no buds visible just yet...
    I haven't seen any of the new cloth diapers - love the look of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little nappies; they make me tear up just a little. I love your touch of spring! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.