Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 19 March 2011

Big box in the mail.

 We went up to see Noel and Laurie Thursday and Friday, and it was great to be able to spend some time with them. We hadn't seen them since Christmas. We talk online a lot, but it just isn't the same. Laurie is doing well, other than not sleeping very well because the baby has decided that her bladder is a good substitute for a punching bag. LOL. While we were away, the post office left a notice that there was a delivery to pick up. The fabrics for the diapers has arrived. So I went this morning to pick them up from the post office, and this is what i got. Inside the box was a collection of lovely, soft, diaper fabrics:

Microfleece, to go on the inside of the diaper to keep him dry and comfy. It is soooooooooo soft. I wish you could feel it.


 Then there are 3 different colours of waterproof fabric to go on the outside of the all in one diapers, and also for the diaper covers that will keep everyone else dry.


Then there is organic hemp that will act as the soaking up fabric in the middle of the diapers. Research says that it absorbs an awful lot in very few layers of fabric.

And then there was 3 colours of french terry cloth to go on the outside of the diapers. These will be used with a diaper cover, which is the same, but much more sophisticated idea as the old fashioned rubber, or vinyl pull up pants that used to go over cloth diapers.

I still have to order a snap press that will add the snaps to keep the diaper covers, and the all in one diapers closed. This is a totally new thing, that I have never done before, so the process should be interesting. The first thing I have to do with all this is wash it. The french terry cloth, and the organic hemp all take a couple of washes and drys on hot to shrink them down the full amount. So, guess what I'll be doing for the next few weeks?



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how the diapers come out. Do you have to make them in several sizes? How many do you plan to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Everything looks great! If we lived closer I would do all the laundry for you because I like doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.