Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 5 July 2010

Design wall Monday July 5

On my design wall today is the same quilt as last week. But, I've made a lot of progress on it. There are only 4 alternate blocks left to put together. Then, I can do the setting triangles for around the edge, and put on the borders. I am trying to decide between using the off white for the setting triangles, or the hyacinth fabric that is in the corner triangles of the outer blocks. What do you think?

Grab a cup of tea, in my case, iced, and visit other design walls at Patchwork Times

Edit: I just did an audition of the 2 fabrics for the setting triangles, and the hyacinth fabric is WAY too much and overwhelms the whole quilt. So, off white setting squares, it is.

7 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

    Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Can't decide which would be better...can you show us how the hyacinth fabric would look against the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking better each week! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've done a fabulous job! I'm loving it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's another beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty quilt and net pattern. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.