Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Goals for today

I really do have to do something today, besides playing on this computer, but I just can't seem to get the oomph to get up. I have to get to the library, since the overdue fines are mounting. I have to get to the specialty coffee shop, since I'm out of the good stuff, and the other stuff just doesn't cut it any more. (sigh) I've spoiled myself with this great coffee. And there is a customer quilt upstairs that is starting to nag me about getting it done. But, instead of doing all this stuff that I should do, all I want to do is sit at my sewing machine and continue building more quilts. So, maybe what I should do, is get all this other stuff done, get the customer quilt at least loaded, and then reward myself with some play time at my sewing machine. Sound like a plan? yep......... So, off I go to get it done.

2 comments:

  1. The hardest part for me is loading a new quilt to do. Once it's on I want to work on it. But it will sit there and I will keep doing other stuff besides load it...I don't know why, cuz I don't mind loading them.
    I shouldn't be checking emails and blogs either...but here I sit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written that--overdue books, piecing instead of quilting the quilt that has been loaded on the machine for 3 weeks! maybe longer. I look at it and I just don't want to do it! After my cutting spree this morning, I warmed up the machine and now the quilt is almost finished. Had to stop to get dinner cooking but I want to take that off the frame tonight! We just need a big ole kick in the pants sometimes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.