I’ve been missing in action the last couple of weeks here on the blog. Life has been busy with the renovations continuing here and also summer days with our grand daughter now that she is out of school for the summer. So there hasn’t been a lot to show and share here. However, today there is progress. Our quilting group is making a quilt for a wedding gift. We started on the cutting and the sewing last week. The very first thing we did was to make sure that everyone was sewing with an accurate 1/4 inch seam. Once that was established we were able to get down to the sewing. Last week all the strip sets were sewn together, cut into pieces and then sewn back together into four patches. This is the quilt we are aiming for. The colours are very soft and light. Here is an actual block. Also very soft and light. The bride is decorating with the colour cream and eucalyptus branches for her wedding. There are five ladies sewing on this and all the obsessing over the 1/4 inch seam allowance for everyone is paying off big time. The blocks are fitting together beautifully. By this time next week we should have it to the point of the quilt all together and ready for the final borders.