Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 18 June 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I started a new cross stitch project this week. I needed a break from all that fussy hardanger. I found a new design publisher called My Big Toe designs. They do a lot of scriptural and hymn based pieces. There were a lot to choose from but I finally decided on this oneI changed out all the thread colours because I was using a linen I bought at the quilt show a couple of weeks ago and it is no where near the colour of the sample piece. It’s quite a challenge choosing colours online based on the picture of the thread colour while holding the linen up to the computer screen to see if it will maybe work. The good news is that it worked and all the thread colours are good. This piece is going to take enough concentration to keep my mind and hands occupied without the complexities of the hardanger. With the renovations going on around us and our grand daughter home for the summer something a little less intense was necessary. Having the words of the hymn cycle through my head while working on it is a big added bonus.

I am going to post this and link to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and then I may make an attempt at sitting outside in the hopes that the bugs won’t be too bad.





2 comments:

  1. Hardanger may be fussy as you say, but it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! A nice easy summer project is definitely necessary!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.