Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 1 January 2016

On my needles, Jan.1, 2016

Well that is going to take some getting used to......... 2016.  Maybe if I do it frequently in the next week or two it will sink in that it’s 2016, but probably not.

I’m continuing to work on the Baby Love Double Knit BlanketI’m halfway through doing this green layer. After that, there are two more colours to do and it’s done. So far it measures 37 inches wide by 39 long. It should end up somewhere around 37x50 when it’s finished.  It requires a red icord edging around the outside to complete it. I’ve never done that technique before, so it’s another new thing I’ll be learning from doing this project. I think that’s on my goals list for this year, learn new things, with doing icording being the first new thing. I’m hoping to get this finished in the next week, or so. Our little grand daughter is going to arrive sometime in the next two weeks. I’d love to have it done before she does. So, with that thought in mind, I’ll link this to Judy’s On the Needles, find something to watch or listen to on Netflix, and continue to knit on.



5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Absolutely lovely knit blanket! Love the front AND the back! At first I thought is was two blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is beautiful! I know it will be treasured...keep going, you can get it done in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that blanket. Anything with hearts appeals to me. What a great baby gift. Is double knitting difficult? It sure looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure. Love the way it reverses on the back. Your little one will stay cozy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This grand baby is going to be warm and cozy in her beautiful blanket!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.