Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 24 November 2013

Stash Report week 47, 2013

This was the view from our door when we got up this morning. Winter has arrived. We had a guild sew-in day yesterday, and those of us who stayed to the very end had to drive home in this. There was a snow squall warning issued, but those warning so often come to nothing, that we ignored it. Surprise... this one actually had some punch to it. I sure hope everyone made it safely home. It was a very scary drive in mostly white out conditions, and that was in the city. I made a lot of progress on my Thanksgiving Leaves project, a pattern from Judy Martin's book Patchwork Among Friends. Unfortunately, all the fabric for that quilt has already been counted, so my stash report remains unchanged. Only 3 more pieced borders left to go. I have to figure out a new picture taking spot. My old one from the side of the deck has been filled in with snow. Maybe I'll have to talk to Matt and Becca about using their front hall floor.


Used this week:                              0 yards
Used this year:                            121.25 yards
Added this week:                            0 yards
Added this year:                           165.55 yards
Balance:                                            44.3 more yards in than out.

I have a placemat to make for the colour challenge for the guild that needs to be finished before the next meeting. I might start on that this week, so that will add a little out. But with my focus on finishing quilts, rather than starting any more, I'm not sure whether those numbers are going to change much more before the end of the year.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report, and then I think the rest of the day is going to be spent in front of the TV and the sewing machine. Maybe I can get the last of those borders finished.


5 comments:

  1. You are the second to report this week about snow. Looks like you ended up with way more than the other. Sure is pretty. Definitely a day to stay inside...keep warm. Good luck getting your borders finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it home. We had snow flurries in the forecast, but they haven't shown up yet.

    You have more than 100 yards out this year, so you at least moved out some of your older stuff even if you replaced it with newer fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where about's in Ontario. I was hoping for at least three more weeks before snow here.Then my husband would have all his work done. We are in the middle of NB and usually we get the same as you guys unless you are way up North. I know it is coming. It is really cold today. I guess we get what we will get. It just seems early this year. Enjoy your indoor time and be careful on those roads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that looks like a fair amount of snow! One of the blogs I read of a gal who lives in Northern France had snow at her house two days ago. Just grey and dreary in Paris but I don't miss driving in white-out conditions...done that way too many times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specifically the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.


    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.