Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 25 December 2011

Sunday Stash Report

The last stash report of the year. Wow. I must say that keeping track like this has been quite fun, and quite educational. I've been wavering back and forth about whether to continue it next year, and I think I will.  I'll have some big added numbers for the first or second report of the new year though, since I took advantage of the end of the year sale at Thousands of Bolts But it isn't likely to show up at my door for a couple of weeks.
I'm sitting here having a bit of a pity party for myself. One of the big downsides to the health care profession is having to work the holidays. And this year, both Scott and I are working over Christmas. He's working 7-3 and I'm working 3-11. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful for our jobs, but It's Christmas day, and I'm sitting here alone with my computer, feeling lonely and very sorry for myself. (sigh) The good news is that we have celebrating with our family still to look forward to over the New Years weekend. Maybe I'll do a Little more on Orca Bay. Anyways, enough of feeling sorry for myself, especially since there are a lot of people in worse situations than this. On to the numbers:

Used this week:                                              2.7 yards
Used this year:                                             154 yards
Purchased this week:                                   0 yards, since it isn't actually at my house yet
Purchased this year:                                    162.5 yards.
Balance:                                                        8.5 more yards in than out.

Close, so close to breaking even. Funny how that wasn't even the idea behind why I started to keep track, but it became something that I was interested in aiming for, over time. I was just curious to see how much I bought, and how much I used over the course of a year. The size of the numbers on both sides surprised me. I had no idea that I bought that much, or used that much in the course of a year.
I'm linking to the weekly stash report at Patchwork Times, and then I'm going to go put a few more pieces together for Orca Bay.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...you did a GREAT job!! Are you going to continue tracking it in 2012? I'm thinking about it; only I'm going to start from scratch and not include what I've already got. Because I'm a rebel!! Did you have a nice Christmas? I can't wait to hear about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Its kind of interesting to track isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.