Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 16 December 2011

Lots and lots of fudge

Well, It's been a few days since my rant. Part of me can't believe I did that. I am not an outwardly show your emotions type person. Most of the time, unless someone knows me really well, it is difficult to even tell if I am angry. Well, it all came to a head the next night, which was, if possible even worse than the one I ranted about, and I came home sat down, and had a major, lots of tears involved, meltdown, which is something that has never happened before. I shocked my poor husband, who was totally floored at the meltdown. But, that's over, and I had a couple of relaxing days off, and I'm back into work this afternoon. I am really hoping it is a better shift.

But, on a happier note, I managed to get 105 of the step 3 Orca Bay triangles sewn. And there are now 4 different kinds of fudge in the fridge, to give as Christmas gifts. These are just 2 of them, Oreo cookie fudge and S'mores fudge. I found these recipes, and quite a few more on moms crazy cooking. If you have a thing for chocolate, and most of us do, go on over and take a look.
I'm not going to be able to link up to the Crazy Mom Quilts finish it Friday this week, since I didn't have a finish. Too much working, and too much stuff to do for Christmas. But there are still lots of fun things to look at, if you are interested. I'm hoping to get back into getting lots of stuff finished come the new year. I've been making myself lists of UFO's and WIP's and also Bucket lists. I'm planning, at some point, of putting these lists on the side bars of the blog, so they remain front and center and visual, so that I can cross them off as they are done. There is something so satisfying about crossing things off lists as they are finished.
But, now I have to get ready for work, so I can cross this shift off my list as "done". I sure hope it is better than the last 2. I'm praying for calm and patience and strength, both physical and emotional.

5 comments:

  1. You have fudge finishes! Those really should count, in my humble estimation! Praying for you as you head off for work. HUGS!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt so bad for you when I read your rant because it was obvious how much you really are concerned for those you give care to. People are not numbers. I really hope your day at work went better. I checked out those fudge recipes while I was eating my dark chocolate M & Ms. Total yum! The Oreo fudge looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn! Now I want fudge! I've been so strong until now........darn!

    I sure hope you have a good night at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good cry always works for me! Hopefully you have better days at work. Fudge sounds good - do you need my address?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm... fudge.... I hope some of it is for us! Yummy!
    Sorry about your meltdown. I forgot that it isn't really like you to rant (since I am a big ranter myself!). I hope you are feeling a bit better. It is very difficult to want things to be better but feel powerless. It is like that in Education too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.