Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 9 January 2011

Stash report Week 2

At the end of last year Thousands of Bolts had their year end sale. I have 12 unquilted tops sitting upstairs, as well as the coming Ufo's that will be finished, and all will need backings. So, I took advantage of the sale, and ordered eight 6 yard cuts to be designated as backing. There are more coming from equilter as well. Now remember, I did say I'm doing this, not as an attempt to use only stash, but as a curiosity thing to see how much comes and goes, over the course of this year. I've decided that as a portion of a quilt is finished during the week, I will count it. So, this week, I got all the alternate blocks for the Card Trick quilt done. For the 100 block challenge squares, I'm going to figure them as if they used 2 1/2 inch squares, which adds up to 36 per block, for a total of approx. 6 inches  of yardage. So, on to the numbers:

Used this week:        2.6 yards
Used year to date:     3.2 yards
Added this week:      48 yards
Added year to date:  48 yards

And, those added numbers are going to go way up, as I start adding in fabric for all the luscious grandson sewing I plan to do. So much fun. I was playing with some stuff for him on Friday night, and got a couple of tropical fish cut out and fused. I'm going to be doing a wall hanging for his room based on these patterns from Fat Cat Patterns Judy, over at Patchwork Times hosts a weekly stash report linky. So, if you want to see how much other people are adding and using, go on over and take a look.

1 comment:

  1. I look at it as stash management. I will buy and I will use. I find it a very learning experience. Just think, as you use up the backings the numbers will climb. Welcome to the party.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.