Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 10 May 2010

Design wall Monday May 10

On my design wall today is my One Block Wonder. I purchased the fabric on Thursday, and finished making all the hexis yesterday. I had to work 3-11 over the weekend, and wanted something fun to do before going in. Also, with all the wedding stuff for my daughter happening, I just needed a fast and fun quilt break, since there had been no quilty stuff going on for almost 2 weeks. I was having major withdrawal symptoms. But, Andrea is coming for a fitting of her bridesmaid dress this afternoon, so it will be back at it again. But, in the meantime, I can play with the arrangement of the blocks. I had a dentist appointment this morning, with that wonderful stuff called nitrous oxide. I was seeing spinning lights that reminded me of these blocks during it, so I think I'll name this quilt "Nitrous Oxide Dreams" (giggle) The arrangement isn't quite what I want, yet, and I can see one that is obviously out of place, but I'm having fun doing it, and it is like nothing I've done before. Go over to Judy's Patchwork Times and see what others are up to.

10 comments:

  1. I love how it's turning out--and all the different hexi's you're getting

    ReplyDelete
  2. OBW is addicting and very fun. Great fabric and wonderful Hexagons. It will be a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love OBW quilts and yours is turning out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you've already accomplished so much on this project! I am tempted to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the one block wonder. When I've got my scraps and stash a bit more depleted I think I'll try one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt - It is turning out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric is beautiful and you're coming right along with your layout. One day I may try my hand at one of these. But for now ... I think I'll just sit back and admire people like you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project on your display wall!! Very nice! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous quilt - so enjoyed studying it and perhaps will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The most beautiful quilt of the Monday group. Keep up the good work,

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.