Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 29 January 2010

It just jumped in the cart!

I admit it, I'm an addict. My name is Cathy and I'm a fabriholic. I can't go into a fabric store and not buy fabric. Especially when it is Len's Mills and they are having a 50% off of an already 50% reduced price. I couldn't help myself. the bolts jumped of the shelf and into the cart, got themselves to the cutting table, and somehow found their way into my car. What's a girl to do in a case like that? I couldn't send them back. They'd have been homeless. It's a good thing I haven't been participating in stash reduction reports. I'd be in serious negative, or would that be positive, numbers. It came to a total of 44 yards of fabric, at an average of $4.00 a yard. Gives an idea of what fabric prices are in Canada, when most of the fabric was anywhere from 60% to 75% reduced. This is the time I usually go out and stock up on fabric that would be good to use for backing. Paying for 6-7 yards of fabric for backing at the full price of $10-$15 dollars a yard is mind boggling. There's no way I could afford to indulge my addiction at those prices. So, now to go and get it all refolded so that it fits my shelves, and then maybe work more on the dissappearing 9-patch before I go to work this afternoon

1 comment:

  1. LOL Cathy! Isn't it funny how fabric finds its way home with you? Do you want to hear something serious and worthy of a doctor's visit? I went into a quilt store today and came out with absolutely NOTHING! I don't know whether to be proud of myself or wonder what is wrong with this picture!! I hope you got in some good quilting time before work! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.