Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 22 February 2023

What I’m working on

 I gave in to a tiny case of “start-its” this past week. I have a full bin of 2 1/2 inch strips of fabrics, plus an excess amount of orange fabrics that don’t really have a place to go any more. The project I bought them for didn’t use up nearly as much orange as I thought it would. So they have been sitting for quite a while. Time to move them out and use them up. I’ve started a Scrappy Trips quilt which is a free design by Bonie Hunter. I am using the orange in the same place in each block. I quite like the way this is looking. There are 9 blocks so far, each measuring 12 inches finished. I will be doing 20. I started this quilt because I needed a break from the quilt as I go Scrappy Stars. I have 2 rows of the stars all sewn together and quilted and 2 of the border strips added to those rows and also quilted. But I needed a break from it. I think I will get back to it today though. I want to get it done. Here is what it looks like now,


 along with a close up showing one block and the quilting. 

At our Prayers and Squares group we are working on a new project. This is just a sampling of the blocks. We have enough done to start putting them together. However the weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t going to cooperate with us getting together so it will have to wait for another week. 

I’m linking up to Midweek Makers and Wendy’s Peacock Party

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.