Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 16 January 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

 The days and weeks are flying by, aren’t they? It’s the  middle of January already. How did that  happen so quickly? Most days now are spent slowly, working on hand projects and some days on machine sewing quilts.  Our prayers and squares group is back to meeting again and we have started a new quilt. It’s based around a panel showing a couple of eagles flying over a river.  Here’s the rough Electric quilt graphic of what we are doing. The panel was purchased here. I believe it is from Northcott and called the Spirit of the Skies Panel. The whole scene reminds me of so many beautiful areas up here in  Muskoka. I love that I have the Electric quilt program to use for helping to design these quilts for this group.

In between the stints at the machine and computer I’ve been working on my slow stitching. The latest pair of socks is finished. It’s a good thing too. I’ve been wearing two pairs at a time in an effort to keep my feet warm. I need to dig out some more sock yarn and start another pair. 

I’ve also gotten a little more done on my cross stitch. I’m almost finished the lettering. The whole thing says “the peace of the hills is about me and the leisure of the summer clouds is mine”. Not much more to do before I can get at the second light house.

I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching






2 comments:

  1. So nice to see your projects... love those beautiful socks!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new socks look great. Cold enough to wear two pair you say, brrr! As well as knitting 4ply sicks, I've also knitted some in 12 ply for winter weather, so nice and cozy.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.