Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 9 January 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

 It’s a snowy Muskoka day today. A perfect day for staying inside, enjoying the wood stove and putting lots of stitches into slow projects. I finished my Anisia sweater this past week. I looked back through my blog, one of the reasons why I keep it up, in order to find when I started this sweater. I thought I’d been at it longer than this, but apparently I started it in October of 2021. So it took only 3 months to do. Somehow it seemed a lot longer than that. I love everything about this sweater. The detail in the design is fabulous. I love how the lace design at the neck forms little scallops. I will be doing more of her patterns for sure. Her name is Valentina Bogdanova

To give my knitting attention span a break, I started another pair of socks using yet more yarn left from another pair that I think ended up as a gift. With self striping yarn I often buy 2 balls of yarn. It’s easier to get them with the stripes matching that way. So there was enough of this yarn left for another pair. And if I do happen to run out before I get to the toes, I’ll patch in another colour.

I finally got myself sorted as to where I left off with my Harbour Village cross stitch yesterday and managed to put in a few stitches. The lighthouse is almost done. It needs some black outlining, but I think I’ll wait and do it all at the same time, since there is another lighthouse on the right hand side of this row. The lettering is done with one strand of floss over one thread of the linen, so it is going to take a while to get back into the swing of doing it.

I’m linking up with Kathy and the group of Slow Sunday Stitching









4 comments:

  1. Lovely finished sweater. Such a pretty neckline. Looking forward to seeing more of Harbor Village.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful knitting and stitching projects! It does look like a great day to stay inside! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sweater and beautiful stitching. You have some very lovely projects going on . Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cross stitching and knitting!
    OWO it is cold outside. Beautiful pictures!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.