Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 29 July 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

I’m continuing to make really good progress on Friendship Chain. I have the first four rows completely finished and sewn together.



I’m now working on the diamond parts of the fifth row.



One of the bonuses of keeping track of projects like this on the blog is that I can see at a glance when they were first started. The first post about this project was June 10th of this year - 7 weeks ago. That gives me an average of about 1 row every 1 1/2 weeks. Maybe even less than that because I was sick for part of those 7 weeks and didn’t do any stitching at all. However, using that the line I can estimate the finish of this project. I have 6 more rows to do for a total of 9 weeks. That takes me to the middle of October, maybe sooner. It will be interesting to look back and see if this turns out to be accurate.

I laid the pieces of this quilt down on a sheet of flannel out on our patio. The light is better for accurate colours. While I was out there I had a very curious visitor wanting to see what I was up to. My husband enjoys feeding the resident neighbourhood squirrels and chipmunks. I think this little creature thought I might have something for it.
It’s kinda cute, but I can’t help thinking that in spite of its cuteness it’s really just a mouse in disguise. My husband has them trained to the point where they will come up to him on the chair or the swing and take the peanuts right out of his hand. They seem to think that I have stuff for them also, so they also jump up onto the swing when I’m out there too, something I’m not keen about at all.

I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching.





3 comments:

  1. I like that about blogging too. More accurate than my brain it's too busy anyway. Your making great progress on a very pretty top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are looking awesome! I'm with you, I would not want to share a swing chair with one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Friendship Chain quilt is so very beautiful! I have to ask: Where did you find the pattern?
    As far as your furry visitor - don't blame you one bit! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.