Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 22 July 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

I’ve just noticed something lately. I seem to have put aside the tendency to be working on more than one thing at a time. In spite of having all kinds of ideas bouncing round in my head, I’m continuing to focus on working on Friendship Chain. I do have a wall hanging that needs binding though. Maybe I’ll get out the sewing machine this week and get that done.
In the meantime, Friendship Chain is growing. I’ve gotten half of the fourth row done.
I love how it is turning out now that I can see more of it. The colours in this photo are almost completely accurate. I think it’s going to end up a nice twin bed size when it’s finished.  I think it may need a border or two, but I’ll decide that later.

It’s raining today, which we badly need, so it’s going to be a quiet indoor day. We’ll be going to church and a fellowship supper this afternoon, but the rest of the day is set up for visiting with our sweet Abbie and maybe a little bit of stitching. She’s 2 1/2 years old now and talking up a storm. She’s such a delight and a joy. She was away for a week visiting with cousins, so it’s great to spend some time with her again.
I’m linking up with Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching


6 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to be content with our project. I am glad that those crazy urges for wanting to make everything I see have settled down a bit. I still have a bucket list of those quilts I just need to make! But I do seem to enjoy the process more than I ever have, even to the point I have taken up hand piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, sometimes my ideas outrun the time available, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Abbie is helping with the watering! Lovely quilt. The colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool pattern... no wonder you're enjoying it!
    Have fun with stitching and Abbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessed rain that was! Our garden needed it.
    Abby looks SO grown up already - and such a good helper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your friendship quilt you are making! cool pattern for sure! Hope your time with Abbie was enjoyable too <3 Kathi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.